Curvy? yes. More realistic? definitely. Fat? still unhealthy.
You can not be stick thin and be much healthier than a person that is. Some people are born “husky” or “big boned” and will ALWAYS have thicker stomach, hips, thighs, etc. HOWEVER, my definition of “fat” is really unhealthy and I don’t think Disney needs to support that.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t make fun of fat people. But I don’t think we should make it seem “okay” to be fat.
And like I said, fat does not equal curvy or womanly or having a gut. I’m talking round, obese, etc.
Just one quick question.
Would you not tell a heavy set woman that she’s beautiful… because you don’t want to encourage her to think it’s okay that she’s fat?
Gaz appreciation life.
I hate that the OP has a username similar to my old one, stefileekx. You’re a fucking asshole who should quit talking. Your head is fat, how bout that?
lmfao kiss my fat ass op
reevaluate your life, take the black, and delete your blog
Oh my GOD OP IS RIGHT BECAUSE DISNEY PRINCESSES MAKE SO MANY OTHER HEALTHY DECISIONS like
- giving up their voice for a pair of legs
- falling in love with their kidnapper
- taking drugs and falling down a rabbit hole
- going on a wacky adventure with some dude they’ve just met after being locked in a tower for their entire lives
- presenting as male in order to fight in a war when they’ve had no training whatsoever to fight (I mean granted that was BADASS but healthy, eh)
- marrying a prince they’ve known for like 42 hours (GUESS WHO I’M TALKING ABOUT, OH WAIT, YOU CAN’T, MOST OF THEM DO THIS)
- eating a random fucking apple given to them by a creepy-ass stranger
- wearing nothing but a frigging shell bikini as a 16-year-old and therefore sexualized (and yeah, you can’t tell me Ariel wasn’t the most sexualized princess of all, she literally can’t talk for most of the movie)
- revolving their entire lives around men they don’t know
- completely lacking autonomy in their decisions — gotta have an evil witch or a beautiful prince to make any kind of change in your life!
- as objects to be won
- the only exception to these being more recent princesses, like Mulan, Rapunzel, and Merida
But, you know, FAT is DEFINITELY the worst example you could POSSIBLY give young children. Ever.