47 posts tagged i'm in love with queue
Cultural Appropriation? Let’s fix this.
As white people, we find there are many things that we can’t do due to it being labelled as cultural appropriation. It’s only fair that other races do not appropriate our culture.
So here is a list of things that you, as a non-white person, can not do.
- You can not speak English.
- You can not use Western medicine.
- You may not use the internet.
- You may not listen to rock music.
- You may not use the word ‘cracker’. It is not your word.
- Do not use things invented by white people, i.e. computers, pianos, telephones, aircrafts, pencils, cameras, or the theatre.
- You may not get drunk with beer.
- You may not wear any clothing created by white people, as it is racist and appropriating.
- You may not synthetically dye your hair.
- Do not use slang created by our people.
anyone want to hear a joke?
” Do not use slang created by our people.”
gee golly wow? shucks? scallywag?
SCREAMING BECAUSE THIS FOOL ACTUALLY BELIEVES WHITE PEOPLE INVENTED ROCK MUSIC, HAIR DYING, AND ASSUMES THAT PEOPLE WANT TO USE THEIR SLANG.
That awkward moment when POC invented most (if not all) of what’s on this list. We’d be find without white inventions but i can’t say the same for white folks. You’d be fucked with out POC. FUCKED!
Damn. I guess ya’ll gotta stop using
- air conditioning unit: Frederick M. Jones
- almanac: Benjamin Banneker
- auto cut-off switch: Granville T. Woods
- auto fishing devise: G. Cook
- automatic gear shift: Richard Spikes
- baby buggy: W.H. Richardson
- bicycle frame: L.R. Johnson
- biscuit cutter: A.P. Ashbourne
- blood plasma bag: Charles Drew
- cellular phone: Henry T. Sampson
- chamber commode: T. Elkins
- clothes dryer: G. T. Sampson
- curtain rod: S. R. Scratton
- curtain rod support: William S. Grant
- door knob: O. Dorsey
- door stop: O. Dorsey
- dust pan: Lawrence P. Ray
- egg beater: Willie Johnson
- electric lampbulb: Lewis Latimer
- elevator: Alexander Miles
- eye protector: P. Johnson
- fire escape ladder: J. W. Winters
- fire extinguisher: T. Marshall
- folding bed: L. C. Bailey
- folding chair: Brody & Surgwar
- fountain pen: W. B. Purvis
- furniture caster: O. A. Fisher
- gas mask: Garrett Morgan
- golf tee: T. Grant
- guitar: Robert F. Flemming
- hair brush: Lydia O. Newman
- hand stamp: Walter B. Purvis
- horse shoe: J. Ricks
- ice cream scooper: A. L. Cralle
- improv. sugar making: Norbet Rillieux
- insect-destroyer gun: A. C. Richard
- ironing board: Sarah Boone
- key chain: F. J. Loudin
- lantern: Michael C. Harvey
- lawn mower: L. A. Burr
- lawn sprinkler: J. W. Smith
- lemon squeezer: J. Thomas White
- lock: W. A. Martin
- lubricating cup: Ellijah McCoy
- lunch pail: James Robinson
- mail box: Paul L. Downing
- mop: Thomas W. Stewart
- motor: Frederick M. Jones
- peanut butter: George Washington Carver
- pencil sharpener: J. L. Love
- record player arm: Joseph Hunger Dickenson
- refrigerator: J. Standard
- riding saddles: W. D. Davis
- rolling pin: John W. Reed
- shampoo headrest: C. O. Bailiff
- spark plug: Edmond Berger
- stethoscope: Imhotep; Ancient Egypt
- stove: T. A. Carrington
- straightening comb: Madam C. J. Walker
- street sweeper: Charles B. Brooks
- phone transmitter: Granville T. Woods
- thermostat control: Frederick M. Jones
- traffic light: Garrett Morgan
- tricycle: M. A. Cherry
- typewriter: Burridge & Marshman
(Don’t get me started on other races. I only did a few black cause the list would be too damn long)
I feel like this happens every few months.
White person claims nobody can use stuff arbitrarily labeled as a part of “white culture”. White person proceeds to list of bunch of stuff created by POC. White person gets shot down by POC (most of the time Black tumblr tbh. tho once there was this list of inventions by Muslims and it was glorious).
That’s a long ass fucking short list.
I mean cause on the real, if white folks had shit, they wouldn’t have gone around the world TO STEAL SHIT.
That awkward moment when white people on Tumblr are being stupid.
Oh, wait, that is most of the time.
COME ON, OTHER WHITE PEOPLE.
The secondhand embarrassment I feel for my entire race is sometimes too much to bear.
(Also it’s often firsthand embarrassment too lbr).